2013

2013

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Throwing away the doubts!

I realize now that I have been lost in doubt.  I let the road blocks and obstacles on this journey cloud what I know to be true in my heart.  There are so many challenges to international adoption that you begin to think, "How will this ever happen?"  The doubts started to take over my thoughts and make me fear the worst (never bringing our daughter home).  I started looking for alternative paths, but none of them felt right.  I looked into fostering/adoption in the U.S., other international adoption programs, and other international adoption agencies.  I assumed that there is a problem with our agency or the Ethiopia Adoption program that was causing the road blocks.  What I realize now is that my doubts are the biggest road block and I need to get my head on straight and trust that what I know in my heart is inevitable!  Since I have come to this realization, my heart is light again and I feel at peace.  For that I am so grateful!

I am happy to be writing some of the great parts of this adoption journey as well as the struggles.  It stretches you in ways that you never imagined.  Thank you for reading and sharing in our journey as well as your continued prayers.  Many of you have told me about your prayers for our family and I can't begin to put in words how much that means to my family and I.

Thank you!
Peace,
DMM

1 comment:

  1. That sounds more like it! :) Did I mention Exodus 14:14 to you? Memorize that verse and read the whole chapter (repeatedly). You won't doubt any more. :) Praying for all of us.

    ReplyDelete