2013

2013

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ethiopia Update!

Well....we had our conference call yesterday. I definitely feel reassured that our agency is doing all that they can. There wasn't a lot of information that I didn't already know. I did find out about the changes in our agency that I was concerned about though. They are definitely scaling back on the Ethiopia program because of the "slow down" in the adoption process. There was a coordinator let go and the House of Hope(the place where families can stay while in Ethiopia) is being closed, and office hours are being cut back. The explanation for these cut-backs is that there are just less families coming into the program and slower movement through the program. So, naturally they need to follow the changes. Makes sense. We were told that things are moving it is just taking more time due to the extra documentation that the U.S. Embassy is asking for. I can't complain because all of the extra precautions are good ones. We will get our daughter home, it just might take longer than we had hoped.
I am changing my perspective on the wait. I was rereading "The New Earth" for the hundredth time and something hit home. In summary Tolle says that we need to not look at the journey as a means to an end. The path to the goal is some of the best parts of life. Embrace every moment and be present in that moment.
Thanks for your prayers!

Until next time,
DMM

No comments:

Post a Comment