2013

2013

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Encouragement!

In general I write my blog to keep my family and friends up to date with our adoption but I know there are many bloggers out there who read each others updates to get information or encouragement to keep forging ahead on the road to adoption. And, since I do not have any updates to give I thought encouragement should be the way to go this week.
Even though the Ethiopia adoption program is going through some tough times right now, I think we can keep in perspective that there have always been bumps in the road. I am sure last year when they added a second trip many families feared that financially they wouldn't be able to make it work. After all, that adds another $5000.00 to the cost. Yikes! My point is that there will always be bumps in the road but the kind of people who sign up for this adventure will have the drive, perseverance, and faith to get through it. Don't doubt it! Our agency has said time and again that they have never had a family that in the end did not bring home a child. Our burden to bear is "the wait"! I have been trying to put it to good use...getting my house in good shape(so I don't have to be embarrassed when my mom is here watching my children), learning how to cook with Berbere spice, trying to speak some Amharic phrases, and trying to prepare myself and my family emotionally for the challenges when she comes home. There is a lot to do so get to it!

I hope that helps!
Have a great day,
DMM

No comments:

Post a Comment