2013

2013

Saturday, October 8, 2011

3 Months Waiting

As of October 7th we have been waiting 3 months for our referral.  I have to say there are things that have been going on that are really concerning me.  I don't feel comfortable talking specifics right now but the final concern was an email that we received yesterday.  Our agency has scheduled a conference call for families in the "waiting for a referral stage" of the adoption process.  Part of me wants to believe that it is to tell us not to get discouraged about the lack of referrals.  The other part of me is scarred to death that we are getting some really bad news.   The wait for that meeting on Wednesday is going to seem like an eternity.  Living with all of the unknowns is really difficult.
In the adoption world three months is not a long time to wait.  Families waiting to adopt an infant are told to expect 9-12 months waiting time.  We were told that a referral for a child in our age range could be immediate to a couple of months at the longest.  We never thought to doubt that information.  In fact, the planner that I am, I thought the whole process through with that time in mind.  I really hoped for our daughter to get here as soon as possible so that she will have time with her oldest twin brothers before they go off to college.  They are sophomores in high school and I feel the clock ticking.  We have 2 and half years left.  It makes me very sad to think that she may hardly remember when they lived in our house.  I know that they will be awesome big brothers and have a lot of love to give!  She will be a blessing in their lives as well and I don't want them to miss out on her life with us.  I am not going to give up on that  hope!
I am going to ask again for your prayers for good news on Wednesday and a referral soon!

Thanks for checkin' in
DMM

No comments:

Post a Comment