2013

2013

Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18, 2011

Back to school!

Back to the daily routine.  We may have been a week or so shy of feeling totally bored and ready to go back, but everyone has jumped in head first anyway.  JAM is doing great in his first days of middle school.  He has had no major catastrophes, which I consider a success.  He comes home very overwhelmed, tired, and crabby.  Just what I would expect!  MVM started missing his big brother at school today.  He was supposed to get on the bus for the first time by himself this morning, but as luck would have it, he needed one more supply that we had to run out for this morning, so I took him in.  The look of relief said it all.  MBM and AMM have had a great start.  They actually have classes together this year which they were very excited about.

No news on the adoption front.  We have been on the waiting list for 5 weeks and 4 days.  I am coming around with my patience.  It is something I really have to work hard at.  It really helps to be back in the routine of school because my mind is occupied with everyday stuff.  I have let go of my worries about  the inability to plan for our trip to Ethiopia when we are called.  I am not very good at asking for help to begin with but then having to tell my mom that she may or may not need to save vacation time for us this year is really difficult.  We have to be flexible enough to handle that a major life-changing event could happen in a few weeks or many months.  I go back and forth from getting totally immersed in learning the culture, language, and adoption issues that we will need to be familiar with to trying not to think too much about it so that the time will go faster.  It is definitely a head game.  I am trying to see if I can find a middle ground.  I will let you know when I get there!

Thanks for checkin' in!
DMM 

No comments:

Post a Comment