2013

2013

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

     I am ready to begin telling our foster care story!  It has been over a year since I even looked at this blog because I thought of it as a chapter of our life that came to an end.  Now I can see that it was just one small part of a very long journey.
     We received our first placement on August 22, 2012.  I can picture that day so clearly.  The call came and I wasn't sure that my husband would agree to take a child that was only 8months old.  We had agreed that 12 months would be the lowest we would go.  Well,  the best laid plans...!  He agreed and I called the agency back to let them know.  I was unusually calm and peaceful about the decision and just knew it was right.  They told me that they would be bringing her that very night.  YIKES!  The only thing we had for her was a bed.  No clothes, diapers, formula, or food.  We didn't even have a car seat because we didn't know what age she would be.  Needless to say my mother nesting went into hyper drive and I started cleaning and preparing any way that I could before I had to go and teach class.  That was the longest hour of my life.  I couldn't wait to get home to hear if they had called back to say what time they would be coming.  We crammed down some dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, and then waited by the front window for her to arrive.  We saw a strange car come down the street.  It was them!  I couldn't wait for them to knock on the door so I went out to meet them.  The case worker was leaning into the backseat to unbuckle her from her seat.  She pulled out the most beautiful little baby girl with eyes that could see into your soul.  She and I locked eyes and the tears rolled.  I had this overwhelming feeling of love flow over me and it has never left.  She and I were meant to be together.

to be continued..........

DMM
P.S. It is good to be back!

1 comment:

  1. hooray! so glad you're back and telling this story, I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete