2013

2013

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday April 10, 2011

We got the official word that our home study has been approved by CHI and we are ready to launch the next step.  YEAH!!!  We also got the official word on Thursday that The Ministry of Women's Affairs in Ethiopia will be reducing the number of adoption files looked at per day to 5.  That is a reduction from around 30-50 in the past.  The point behind this reduction is to ensure that MOWA has exhausted every possibility to ensure that the children do not have any parent or relative that can care for them in Ethiopia.  No one is really sure what this will mean exactly except that things will certainly slow down.  We are just relieved that they didn't completely shut down.  Many countries have gone through similar things and then closed their doors completely.
- That's the latest!

      DMM


"I am only one; but still I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can so something; and just because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do."-Edward Everett Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment